To celebrate the newly restored version of Federico Fellini’s masterpiece La Strada as it returns to UK cinemas, we have teamed up with StudioCanal UK to launch a La Strada inspired photography competition, with one lucky winner winning a world cinema Blu-ray collection including: La Strada, L’Eclisse and Women on a Verge of a Nervous Breakdown.
Inspired by the southern Italian countryside setting in the film, we invite you to submit your very own black and white countryside photo. Eligible entries must be tweeted to @picturehouses with the hashtag #LaStradaPhoto or posted on Instagram by tagging @picturehouses with the hashtag #LaStradaPhoto.
In a story of true outsiders, Giulietta Masina plays Gelsomina, a naïve young woman sold by her desperate mother to boorish strongman Zampanò (an immensely charismatic Anthony Quinn) to be both his wife and performance assistant as he tours central Italy. Zampanò is a brute and Gelsomina struggles to learn the ropes until she finds a kindred spirit in his rival the Fool (Richard Basehart). Soon all three find themselves part of the same travelling circus, but with tragic consequences
La Strada comes to Picturehouse Cinemas for Vintage Sundays on Sunday 11 June. Followed by the DVD/Blu-ray/EST release on 19 June.
Terms and Conditions:
- Competition promoter is: Picturehouse.
- Competition will close on 28 July 2017. Entries sent after the closing date will not be considered.
- To be in with a chance of winning, entrants must submit their own original black and white of the countryside. Eligible entries must be tweeted to tweeted to @picturehouses with the hashtag #LaStradaPhoto or posted on Instagram by tagging @picturehouses with the hashtag #LaStradaPhoto
- Entries will be judged by Picturehouse staff and Picturehouse will select the one (1) winner
- Competition is open to UK residents only.
- Entrants must be aged 13 or over.
- The winning prize consists of One x (1x) La Strada, L’Eclisse, Plein Soleil, La Grande Illusion, Ran, Le Jour Se Leve, La Grande Vadrouille, Indochine, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Women on a Verge of a Nervous Breakdown on Blu-ray
- Submissions must not include anything obscene, offensive, defamatory, threatening, dangerous, illegal or otherwise inappropriate.
- Entrants are responsible for ensuring that any images they submit do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- Entrants must warrant that they are submitting their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright on all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants.
- The one main winner will be notified via email, via DM on Twitter or via Instagram, depending on their method of entry.
- Failure to reply to notification within 48 hours renders the competition void.
Should any of the prizes be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winner the promoter reserves the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value.
Specifications are subject to change from the manufacturer without notice.
- All prizes will be delivered within 28 working days from the date the promoter receives confirmation of the delivery address from the winner
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated; the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The name, address and contact details of the main winner will be requested for prize fulfilment.
- The Editor’s decision is final and binding on the entrants – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Submitted images will be used by Picturehouse Cinemas Limited and Studio Canal Limited in June and July 2017 only.